This worksheet was given on Tuesday (22 Feb) as homework.
Complete the worksheet and submit on Thursday (24 Feb).
You may write your answers with complete working neatly at the back of the worksheet (which is blank) or on a foolcap paper stapled to the question paper.
Answers for checking...
1. John, Peter, Ken
- Method - convert all the given 'times' to a common representation (e.g. fractions with the same denominator; fractions) so that you could do a comparison.
- Ascending order means from smallest value to the largest value.
- Show the working.
- Method: Amount of paint needed to paint 1 hall + Amount of paint needed to paint 3 bedrooms
- = 6 2/3 + (3 x 4 2/5)
- Amount of time for basketball = Total amount of time - time for soccer - time for baseball
- = 9 1/2 - 4 2/5 - 3 2/3
- Fraction of distance for walking = 1 - 3/8 - 2/5 (=9/40)
- 9/40 of the distance is equivalent to 8 1/3 km
- 1/40 of the distance would represent 8 1/3 ¸ 9 = 25/26 km
- Therefore the entire distance (covered by train, bus, walking) = 25/26 x 40