(Viva Voce) Chap 9 Exercise 9 Question 10

Question 10:
Towns P and Q are 120 km apart. Mr Tan drove from P to Q and was scheduled to reach Q after 2 hours. His average speed was 54 km/h for the first 40 minutes.
(a) What was his average speed for the remaining journey if he managed to arrive just on time?
(b) The time taken for his return journey is 2 hours and 10 minutes. Find his average speed for
(i) the return journey (ii) the whole trip


Refection:

The challenges I faced when doing the video was that I had to take a long time to film the video. I kept having problems with my shadow reflected on the wall and I tried to shorten the words I had to say. 

The learning point was that I have learnt how to clearly using a step-by-step procedure explain how I arrived at the answer to the question.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel, this is the practice question, not the question submitted for the Performance Task in Sep 2011 (http://sst2011-s102maths.blogspot.com/2011/09/s1-voice-viva-part-question-1.html)

    ReplyDelete