Investigate some other fraction families such as 1/3, 1/7, 1/9, 1/11, 1/13, 1/17, 1/19.
Which category do these number belong to.
Let's use NUMBERS to help us.
Using numbers, express 1/n as decimals (where 0<n<100).
Indicate which of these numbers are Terminating Decimal and which are Recurring Decimals.
Post the following in your blog (and include the permlink in the comments):
- Screen capture of the worksheet that shows your answers.
- Name the post: Chap 2: Real Numbers - Rational Numbers
- The following fractions share a common denominator: 1/6, 2/6, 3/6, 4/6, 5/6, 6/6.
- 1/6 is a recurring decimal.
- Janice concluded that all other fractions with denominator are also recurring decimals.
- Do you agree? Explain...