You should complete all these tasks by TODAY during the Maths lesson.
Task 1: Wallwisher activity [5 min]
- Yesterday, some of the groups have not posted your graph and URL onto the wallwisher yet. Complete this by today.
- Direct Link: Chap 16: Data Handling - Graphs
Attempt the activity at the following post
- With reference to the charts posted on the 4 walls, click at the hyperlink of each chart to see how the chart is being used (in real world).
- E.g. The bar chart shows the sales of the different flavours of a certain brand of instant noodles in a local supermarket in a week, therefore allowing the production manager to decide which flavour to increase in their production.
- Now, write down one example for each type of chart on how the chart is being used in real world.
- Direct Link: Chap 16: Data Handling - How are these graphs used in real world situation
Task 4 [10 min]
- Imagine that you are the Minister of Education and Minister of Labour, how would data collected by the Singapore Statistics Department going to make decisions on your work.
- Direct Link: Chap 16: Data Handling - Activity 1 Gateway to Singapore Statistics
Complete homework assigned on 31 March 2011 (Thursday) if you have not completed.